B-Classic wants to give classical music a new role in a constantly evolving society.
We plan to do this by:
- making room for creative processes that allow musicians to shape a new creative practice, individually or collaboratively
- exposing the links between the way historic and contemporary musical compositions are created, performed and experienced
- creating opportunities for classical music and other genres to converge outside traditional venues and locations
- collaborating with partners who support and promote this experiential approach to classical music
Room to play
We make room for makers and give them the tools to research, create and present. Within this space, makers have the opportunity and the freedom to experiment and reflect.
We create space:
- at Studio Classic, where classical musicians become makers
- in our atelier*, where new productions are born and where makers have room to develop project ideas
- on stage at the BEROERT festival, the Elfurenmis, MOLD and the outdoor concert in Borgloon
*We share a space (De Nieuwe Zaal) with Het nieuwstedelijk and Cinema ZED in the city centre of Hasselt.
+32 475 436 277
+32 497 427 960
Projects and alliances
Board of Directors
Hugo Peumans (chairman)
Karolien De Clippel