zo 12 november 2023
Basic price: 16.00 euro
Friend of the Velinx: 12.00 euros
Gaea Schoeters fires sharp and Els Mondelaers fires vocal bullets in this Elfurenmis.
Gaea Schoeters is a journalist, scriptwriter, librettist and author. She writes novels, non-fiction, children's books and -sometimes- poetry. Her most recent novel, 'Trofee', was nominated for several prizes and awarded the Sabam Prize & a Special Mention from the European Prize for Literature. Together with composer Annelies van Parys, she wrote numerous lauded operas and music theatre performances for Muziektheater Transparant, Opera Ballet Vlaanderen, Staatsoper unter den Linden, Deutsche Oper, Biennale Venezia, etc.
Gaea Schoeters enjoys playing with language in all its forms. All her work is at the intersection of form experimentation and social engagement. As a columnist and essayist, she often kicks against the shins of the world, but always with the best of intentions. She also enjoys performing and curates the Dead Ladies Show, a café chant about unjustly forgotten women.
Mezzo Els Mondelaers is a freelance singer specialising in contemporary music and music theatre. She earned a master's degree in classical singing (specialisation soloist in contemporary music) at the Ghent Conservatory. She has performed as a soloist at home and abroad with several vocal and instrumental ensembles, orchestras, dance and/or music theatre companies including Folkoperan Stockholm (SE), Muziektheater Transparant (BE), Silbersee (NL), LOD (BE), Per Ignem (BE), Muziektheater Hollands Diep (NL), Dyane Donck Company (NL),.... Els is appreciated for her personal involvement in projects and her enthusiasm with which she successfully tackles artistic challenges. So perfect choice for an Elfurenmis soloist!
- 25.10De 11-urenmis met Rachida Lamrabet en Tutu Puoane
- 24.01Gender activist Emanuelle Verhagen and cellist Benjamin Glorieux (live + livestreaming)
- 07.03Biologist-sociologist Charlotte Prové and soprano Elise Caluwaerts livestream
- 24.10Ignace Schops and Gaetan La Mela
- 14.11Noël Slangen en Hrachya Avanesyan
- 05.12Hind Eljadid en Bert Cools
- 13.02De elfurenmis met Tom Hannes en Kim Van den Brempt
- 20.03The Elfurenmis (‘Eleven O’clock Mass’) with Christophe Busch and Carlo Nardozza
- 09.10Elfurenmis - Benjamin Glorieux&Emmanuelle Verhaegen
- 16.10Elfurenmis with Lennert Baert & Wim Distelmans
- 13.11Elfurenmis with Wouter Dewit & Chris De Stoop
- 11.12Elfurenmis met Claron McFadden & Naima Charkaoui
- 05.02Elfurenmis with Stien Carlier & Maya Van Cleemput
- 26.03Elfurenmis - Nabou Claerhout en Ramsey Nasr
- 30.04Elfurenmis with Philippe Thuriot & Jean Paul Van Bendegemc
- 15.10Elfurenmis met Erik Vlaminck en Maya Dhondt
- 12.11Elfurenmis met Gaea Schoeters en Els Mondelaers
The Elfurenmis (‘Eleven o’clock mass’) is a concept developed by De VELINX and B-Classic in which classical music in the broadest sense of the word meets the ultimate lecture – a sermon. The backing band will be joined by a celebrated ...